Please see Downloads should you wish to print a copy of these conditions.
1. These Booking Conditions form the basis of contracts for short-term holiday rentals between Cossington Park and its Clients. Cossington Park, ‘we’ and ‘our’ refer to the owner and employees of Cossington Park. The Client is the person who makes the booking with Cossington Park, irrespective of whether the Client is one of the people who will be staying at Cossington Park or not. Clients who book accommodation at Cossington Park agree that they and all Permitted Persons will be bound by these conditions. When the Client makes a booking, he/she guarantees that he/she is aged 18 or over and has the authority to accept these Conditions on behalf of all Permitted Persons. Contracts are non- transferable.
2. The Property – Cossington Park refers to the house, gardens, car parking and other grounds as shown on plans on the Cossington Park website.
3. Permitted Persons – the number of guests who will stay at Cossington Park during the Rental Period must be advised in advance and no additional guests are permitted to stay overnight. The names of all guests aged 16 and above on the first day of the Rental Period and the number and ages of children aged 15 and below must be provided. The maximum number of Permitted Persons is normally 14 (plus up to two infants). A limited number of day visitors who are not Booking Conditions staying at Cossington Park are generally permitted but the number and names must be notified to Cossington Park in advance.
4. Rental Period – Rental Periods at Cossington Park run from 16.00 hours (4.00 p.m.) on the day of arrival until 10.00 hours on the day of departure. The minimum number of nights is generally two (that is, a minimum Rental Period of three days, including the days of arrival and departure), though often more at peak times.
5. Rental Fee – The Rental Fee will be notified to the Client in advance in writing by post or email or via the booking system on our website based upon the number of people who will be staying, the number of days in the Rental Period and the time of year. The Rental Fee includes VAT (Value Added Tax) at the prevailing rate. A guide to Rental Fees is available on the Cossington Park website. We reserve the right to change the Rental Fee in the case of errors or circumstances outside our control.
6. Advance Bookings – An Advance Booking is one that is made at least ten weeks in advance of the date that the Rental Period is due to commence. A Deposit of one- third of the Rental Fee is required to secure the booking. The balance of the Rental Fee must be paid in full ten weeks before the Rental Period is due to commence. If the balance is not received at this time, it will be deemed that the Client has cancelled the Advance Booking.
7. Short Notice Bookings – if an enquiry is made less than ten weeks before the proposed date of arrival, full payment of the Rental Fee is required to confirm the booking. For Short Notice Bookings, Cossington Park will be let to the first enquirer whose Rental Fee is paid into our bank account.
8. Provisional and Confirmed Bookings and Contracts – a booking will be regarded as Provisional until either the full Rental Fee or the appropriate Deposit has been credited into our bank account and a Booking Confirmation/Receipt has been issued to the Client. Provisional Bookings will generally be held for four days. If another enquiry is received for the same dates as a Provisional Booking, we will try to offer the first enquirer the opportunity to confirm the booking, but this cannot be guaranteed. Once a Booking has been Confirmed, a Contract exists between Cossington Park and the Client.
9. Change of Date – a request to change the date of a Confirmed Booking will be considered, subject to availability and payment of a £25 administration fee plus VAT.
10. Cancellations by the Client – On receipt of a written request to cancel a booking, we will endeavour to re-let Cossington Park. If we succeed in re-letting for the same or greater Rental Fee than for the Booking that is cancelled, we will refund the Deposit or Rental Fee paid for the cancelled booking less an administration charge of £100 plus VAT. If we re-let for a lower Rental Fee, we will refund any surplus remaining after deduction of the shortfall in Rental Fee plus an administration charge of £100 plus VAT. If Cossington Park is not re-let, there will be no refund. Clients booking online have the right to cancel within 7 days for a full refund. Clients are advised to ensure that their holiday insurance covers cancellation charges.
11. Cancellations by us – if Cossington Park becomes unavailable prior to or during the Rental Period for any reason, we will refund the whole or a reasonable part of the Deposit or Rental Fee paid by the Client.
12. Force Majeure – We will not be required to honour the Booking or to pay compensation to the Client if our contractual obligations or those of suppliers to us are affected by any event which could not reasonably have been foreseen or avoided, including events such as severe weather, civil unrest or political or terrorist acts.
13. Our obligations – Cossington Park is made available for the use of Clients using reasonable skill and care. We will accept responsibility if the Client’s contracted arrangements are not provided as promised or prove deficient or any Permitted Persons suffer personal injury or death as a result of the failure of ourselves, our employees or agents to use reasonable skill and care. This liability does not extend to any loss, damage, injury or death where: circumstances are outside our control; the loss, damage, injury or death could reasonably have been foreseen and prevented by the Client or any Permitted Persons, based on information provided to the Client; the loss, damage, injury or death is incurred due to business activity or other activity that has not been agreed by Cossington Park or is not permitted; and the loss, damage, injury or death relates to any services that are not part of the Contract.
14. Use of the Property – Cossington Park is available for holiday use. It is not permitted to conduct any business, trade or profession from the Property, other than maintaining business
15. communications by telephone, post or electronic means, unless agreed in writing in advance. If any Permitted Person behaves in suchawayastocauseorbe likely to cause danger or upset to any person or damage to any property or if persons who have not been notified to us in advance are staying at or visiting Cossington Park, we will be entitled to terminate the rental immediately and we will have no further responsibility to the Client. No refunds will be made and we will not be liable to any expenses or costs incurred as a result of the termination. Care of the Property – Permitted Persons are requested to look after the fabric and contents of the Property, including decoration, furniture, fittings and equipment, and to leave everything in the same position, state of repair and clean condition as at the beginning of the Rental Period. If any Permitted Person is aware of any damage or breakage that occurs during the Rental Period, a member of Cossington Park staff should be notified immediately. The Client is legally bound to meet reasonable costs of repairs for breakages or damages or additional cleaning or re- organisation on demand during or after the Rental Period. Security Deposits – Clients are generally required to pay a Security Deposit. The Security Deposit if required must be paid ten weeks before the first day of the Rental Period or at the time of the booking if this is within ten weeks of arrival.
16. Cossington Park reserves the right to deduct the cost or a reasonable estimation of the cost of repairs or missing items or special cleaning caused by damages or breakages or spillages that occur during the Rental Period, howsoever and by whomsoever caused. The quantification of such cost shall be determined solely by Cossington Park. The Security Deposit, or any balance remaining after deduction of such costs, will be returned to the Client within 30 days of the final day of the Rental Period. Cossington Park reserves the right to claim further reimbursement for damages or missing items in excess of the value of the Security Deposit.
17. Complaints – Anything that goes wrong should be notified to the Manager and/or Housekeeper and/or Guest Care Coordinator of Cossington Park at the time that it arises. Every effort will be made to address problems as soon as possible. In the unlikely event that a dispute arises, Cossington Park offers a dispute arbitration service under the auspices of The English Association of Self Catering Operators.
18. Right of Entry – The owner, agents and employees of Cossington Park are permitted to enter the house and grounds at any reasonable time in order to carry out inspections or maintenance. To keep the extensive gardens in good condition, the gardener will be working whilst guests are in residence, usually visiting on an average of three days per week, depending on the weather and season. We are sensitive to our guests’ wish for quiet and privacy.
19. Liability, Health & Safety – Cossington Park was built at a time when modern standards of safety and security did not apply. Whilst we have taken reasonable steps to ensure the comfort and safety of our guests, Permitted Persons must read our guidance notes in the house on arrival and take sensible precautions to look after themselves as well as the property and contents. Sensible precautions include not allowing children to play near garden walls, garden ponds, electrical installations and equipment. The owner, agents and employees of Cossington Park cannot be held liable to third parties for any loss or injury, direct or consequential, arising from events occurring during the Rental Period and will only be held liable to Clients if we have acted unreasonably.
20. Security – a burglar and fire security alarm system is maintained at Cossington Park. Permitted Persons are required to activate the system during the Rental Period whenever they leave the property in accordance with instructions that will be provided on arrival or in the Property.
21. Accuracy – Although we have endeavoured to describe Cossington Park accurately in brochures and on websites, minor variations in facilities and services may occur due to maintenance, painting, replacement of equipment, breakdown of equipment or interruption of services provided to Cossington Park. Cossington Park takes no responsibility for the failure of publically provided services such as electricity, telephone, television, internet and water.
22. Events and parties – No events or parties involving participants who are not resident at Cossington Park during the Rental Period will be permitted, unless these have been separately contracted in writing in advance.
23. Fireworks – As there is a farm next door, fireworks are not permitted.
24. Animals – Certain pets are permitted if notified and paid for in advance. Pets are not permitted upstairs or on upholstered furniture. Suitable blankets and pet bedding must be provided by the Client to protect floor coverings and furniture. Booking Conditions Clients must remove animal faeces from inside and outside the property and dispose of these in a suitable manner. Pets must not be permitted to disturb people or farm animals at neighbouring properties.
25. Smoking – is not permitted in any part of the Property.
26. Noise – guests are asked not to make undue levels of noise that could disturb neighbours and others in the village of Cossington.
27. Horses – the field at the end of the Cossington Park gardens, Bushey Close, which belongs to Cossington Park, is used on occasions for stabling and exercising of horses. Guests are requested to respect the privacy of horses and those looking after them.
28. Open fires and stoves – open fires are permitted in the Library and not in any other room in the house. Open fires in the Library and fires in the wood-burning stove in the Drawing Room must not be allowed to burn too vigorously and must be attended at all times. The fireguards provided must be used.
29. Piano – The antique piano is normally kept locked. It can be made available to experienced musicians if requested in advance and on payment of the cost of tuning of £100 plus VAT.
30. Law and Jurisdiction – English law will apply to contracts between Cossington Park and Clients and to any dispute or claim that arises from such contracts. Any such dispute must be dealt with by the EASCO Arbitration Scheme or by the Courts of England.